Saturday, January 10, 2004

Hey I forgot to mention that Sat night before Eli and I did anything we went to a hookah bar had some wine and smoked a nargilah till maybe 2 am..... and .. then toured the city.....

So its Sunday afternoon the 28th of December and since I have a little time to myself I shower (no shaving for this furry beard) and catch up on some rest. Then I meet up with Eli and we do the Kosher Burger King. So its Sunday night I am now on 4 hours of sleep and Avi Gris meets us in town and here we are standing in the middle of town just talking. Not doing anything particular. Lets grab some drinks! We find this crazy Russian bar, and gets some shots of whiskey and beer and slowly getting there. Well this guy come in thinking he knows me (I guess a guy looking like me owed him money), he sits eats some pretzels and leaves, bizarre.

Well that's our cue to leave also and head on another night tour of Jerusalem, brought to you by wherever the night takes you! Mea Shearim again. it was surreal to explain it to you but it had a sense of being in a different time seeing this place. These people live way below poverty and seem to be alright with it. Why because they know materialism is nothing compared to reward for them in the world to come. At one turn we see in the clothes line a family's Sabbath clothes all hanging. The two girls dresses, the mothers dress and then the husbands Hassidic garb, his uniform of the team he is a part of. Man I wished I had had my camera then because it is a pic to remember. Perhaps I will be roaming around one day and see it again!

Somehow we end up in Independence Park and the sky is clear as can be, the moon shining and the stars shimmering. Just the three of us and the sky. Nothing else. We didn't make it that night, passing out around 4 am in the morning. Well we cannot expect to stay up every night. That's alright you knows!!

My buddy, Zev G., has suggested me to use another means of communicating with you all and I am looking into it. I have started writing a daily journal, thanks Holly for the idea, and I will quickly fall behind in these emails to let you know what a trip this has been. So until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home