Wednesday, January 07, 2004

It began in an elevator in Jerusalem........... But truly it began at Har Habayit, Mount Moriah, or as some know the Kotel, the epicenter of what's a lot of history and tradition. Four some months into a wonderful experience and life change, I was infused with an energy that has allowed me to enjoy Jerusalem and Israel as I truly should. A friend of mine, who a lot of you know, ELi Clevs, who is engaged to Miriam Weiss, Mazel Tov you both, came on a three week vacation to Israel. Meeting up with him at the Kotel we caught up prayed and headed into town to breathe it all in. We then met a friend of his, who I have become friends with, Avi Gris. So here we are, sitting at Sima's on Agripas Road, shooting the @#$% about life and what a trip it is to be in Israel. These guys are going on about it, and here I am thinking, "wait I live here now!" Had I already lost that spark or was it just pushed to the back burner. Whatever it was, these two guys and two plus weeks of Chofesh, vacation, have brought that spark up again and stronger that ever. The adventures we had are endless and each one are one of a kinds. And it was GREAT, man. I am telling you. This has been good fun for me. Not just fun, but learning, and conversation and all sorts of other good stuff!! And we even got to see parts of Israel none of us had seen in the past. Did you all know that there are amazing forests and parks all over Israel. Mountains that you stand on and you are standing between the clouds and the green ground full of vineyards, orchards and people doing there thing. At the same time F-16s just dropping out of the cloud, six of them, arching in towards the world below them. That's the Carmel region for you, my friends! But hey that was the 6th of January and we are still a while from there.

So here we are munching down on some tasty Israeli salads and having a great Seudah, on a Friday afternoon in Jerusalem, less than 24 hours from the most recent terror attack on the citizens of Israel. Think about that my friends, how string you have to be to get on with your life when someone two degrees away from you was murdered, and butchered by an animal with no remorse or emotion for Human Care!

Good thing we have Shabbos because I needed it. Eli and I stayed at my family friends The Poupkos, who I would like to thank G-D and my parents for knowing them as they have been as much of a family I have out here on the other side of the world. Well Friday night we explored the Hasiddic life with their Fri Night Parties, but that doesn't even do it right. Imagine an entire following of Bob Marley standing on rafters on both sides and table down the middle and everyone humming a tune to their Rebbe! AN amazing seen, and we saw a couple of those. Lots of sleep on shabbos and then a new innovation NIGHT TOURING. Yes that's right, I am now offering night tours in Jerusalem, starting between 9 and 11 pm on Sat night. Destination is unknown but it will be a blast. Couple of bowls a drink and lots of walking through the eerie streets of Jerusalem. Think about the history that had gone on at this square? Eli and I stayed up all night wandering around Mea Shearim and hit the first prayer in the morning on the 2nd floor of a sephardi synagogue near Beit Canada. Then we slept....................................................................................... yeah and I slept some more when Eli went to visit friends............................ So here I am now Sun afternoon and we have another partner in crime, Avi who will joining us. And to hear more, then subscribe to my reflector Only 3.99 a month. Just kidding actually you will all to wait until the next email, but here is a pic to keep you waiting!



Strength & Blessing

Yaakov S. Y. Cohen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home