Thursday, October 09, 2003

Sorry about that last email you just received. Apparently I have to rewrite this. Briefly, Yom Kippur I spent in Otniel, near Hebron, which is becoming my favorite place outside of Jerusalem. I prayed at a hesder yeshiva, which means students go and learn for 1 1/2 years, serve in the army for 2 years, and then another year and a half of learning. It has some pretty zealots there. I prayed between an Uzi and an M-16 (on the floor), because everyone there does a watch during services because of where we are. Services were very good and meaningful and the fast flew by. At the end of Neilah, during next Year in Jerusalem, I was saying I am in Jerusalem.
An interesting view was that Mars was directly above the moon that night, coincidence?
Jerusalem is now crazy with shoppers getting ready for Shabbos. Lots of great bargains going on. Played a lot of shesh besh (backgammon) the last couple of days with people. Have a great holiday you all. And ha ha hahaha to all you 2 day Yom Tov holders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home